Thursday, April 2, 2009

The Relaxation Kick in the Pants that I Desperately Needed

Hello friends. I'm your Vitameatavegamin girl. Are you tired, run-down, listless? Do you poop out at parties? Are you unpopular? The answer to all your problems is in this little bottle.

I just spent a few days in Jamaica, and I fell asleep last night dreaming about green mountains, sandy white beaches, and turquoise water. Yeah, I work in the Caribbean... but there's just something about the Jamaican people and those crazy mountain roads that makes me want to just pack up my shit and move over there. It's not just the sunshine. I have sunshine. People are just so laid back that you're forced to relax, and I got more sleep in a few days than I have in the two weeks prior to my trip.

Patois is more than a language, it's like Jamaican flavor - it's the difference between plain chicken and jerk chicken with smashed scotch bonnet peppers. There's "yes", and then there's "ya mon". "Wa g'wan" is so much easier than a stiff "hello, how are you?".

I'm shutting down, and going to go have a Red Stripe on the balcony and listen to some music. (Maybe some Natasja Saad - a Dane who spoke crazy patois like a native, and seemed to really embrace everything Jamaican.)

Jah bless. :)




No comments: